What should you do when your Monroe home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your property – and your family – against the various risks you may experience, like break-ins, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Even though your home might be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Monroe home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be startling, confusing, and may cause panic. Your best choice is to stay composed and adhere to these easy guidelines.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Monroe Goes Off
You don’t want to be in this situation, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the distinct sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. Now what are you going to do?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is pounding. But staying calm is the most effective way to appraise the situation. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency alone instead permit your monitoring staff and first responders to do their job.
- Protect your family. Your main focus should be your family members and getting them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might involve proceeding to an appointed safe zone as far away from points of entry as possible. The invader was probably already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra careful. If there’s fumes or a fire, please vacate your house right away.
- Remember your phone. Most homeowners keep their phones with them all the time these days, but you could forget to take it during a crisis. You’ll want to have it. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring experts and get notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
Any time your home alarm system in Monroe goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The protocol they follow depends on the type of emergency. For example, when the emergency is of a medical nature, a single attempt will be made to contact you before first responders are sent out. In the event of a break-in - the most typical type of event - a monitoring professional will follow these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to reach you through the central command panel. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t get a response, a call is made to your main contact number.
- An alternate number or your first contact person is called next.
- If you still can’t be reached, local police officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again once emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with monitoring staff, don’t fret. Assistance will still be deployed even if you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Monroe
Be prepared for any crisis with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Monroe from Vivint. Call (318) 758-9140 to begin the customization of your property’s defense today.