Could your smart home be hacked in Monroe? The simple response is ”almost never”. A smart home defense from a tech-savvy installer like Vivint uses advanced encryption and additional cybersecurity safeguards to keep your system safe. Only a few advanced online offenders with plenty of time, patience, and luck will be successful. Hackers usually prey on low-hanging fruit that's easy and a home security system is not likely to be on the smart hacker's attack plan.
How Vivint protects you from smart home hackers in Monroe
Vivint makes installing your security and home automation components simple due to the benefits of convenient wireless networks. Consequently, the absence of wired connections could cause more concerns about your security from cyber criminals. Luckily, Vivint home defense plans have powerful protections that help thwart hackers. The ensuing are just a few ways Vivint protects you:
● High-level encryption standards: Theoretically, 1024-bit encryption might be cracked, but it will take a massive amount of effort and time to solve. The preponderance of hackers are unlikely to devote the resources necessary to get through this type of defense.
● Disguise your IP address:It’s hard to hack what you can’t find. Vivint takes steps to keep your smart home hidden by masking the IP to anyone outside of your network.
● Updated security patches: Your home security equipment needs to be prepared for any new hacking techniques by sending out frequent software and firmware updates.
Additional methods to defend your Monroe smart home from becoming hacked
Even though Vivint provides you with innovative systems that have their own security methods, your own daily practices are vitally important in protecting your smart home.
● Use secure passwords: Be certain to create a password that is difficult or nearly impossible to guess for your smartphone security app and Wi-Fi connections. A random string of upper and lower case letters, symbols and numbers are better than using a personal prompt. For the most part, a longer password is best. Also, make sure you update your passwords per a set schedule.
● Never disclose your passwords: You need to keep your security app and Wi-Fi passwords out of the wrong hands. In the event you have to supply someone other than a family member a PIN for your smart locking system, create a temporary key code. Approved guests will be allowed to check up on your residence per your instructions, and later they won’t be able to enter after the code expires.
● Check your settings frequently: You may be the first to recognize a problem with your home defense system. When sensing an abnormality, investigate your smart home setup on your smart hub or mobile app. If something is out of whack, switch out your passwords immediately.
Get your secure smart home from Vivint today!
The best thing you can do to keep your smart home safe and secure is to go with a provider like Vivint. Our systems have enhanced internet security safeguards which means they are a major challenge to infiltrate. Simply dial (318) 758-9140 or send in our form on this page to speak with our Vivint experts and configure your secure smart home.